Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today I am Thankful for: Old Bundles of Joys (Day 2)

between etting married to Jason and my dad getting married to Karen, I got to inherit lots of nieces and nephews I never experienced this before...and then shortly after that, flesh and blood nephew was born, so I went from having 0 to having.....15 as of today. So today I am listing my neices and nephews and what I appreciate about all of them..

1.Kaitlyn - She is so fun and bubbly. She is at the fun teenage years where talking, boys, and shopping is the funnest. I wish I lived closer to her so I could go watch her play basketball!!!
2.Walker - He is a goofball, he is always so polite with they ma'am and sir. Once when he spent the night with us he had us rolling with all the funny jokes he had to tell. Aaron and him are like brothers, play hard and fight hard, its quite fun to watch them together.
3.Sarah - I have heard many stories of her as a little kid and all the mischief she would get into. I haven't experienced that myself, but I have got to see her be so versitile, a tomboy to the heart but a girly girl at the same time! She is so sweet!
4.Austin - He says the funniest things. like "I tant share my toys I just tant".
5.Alexa - She is shy at first and since we don't get to see her often, it takes her a minute to remember me, but each time she gets comfortable, she comes and gives me the sweetest hugs!
6.Abigail - She is a newer addition, don't know much about her yet except that she is the cutest little doll face in the whole east side of texas! and she laughs at anything Uncle Jason does and gives him the biggest and sweetest hugs each time we see her.
7.Shayla - She is Miss Social butterfly now that she is older..she is very compassionate and cares for peoples feelings, and is the sweetest big sister (well most times).
8.Jasmine - She was one of the first kids to call me "Aunt Layla" and that memory will stick in my mind forever! My favorite memory of her is when she would come sit in my bed with me and want to watch Rachel Ray cooking show with me. I taught her nursery rhymes when she was little and we would play ABC's as I would try to teach her how to write....I love this girl.
9.Julia - She is an independent woman, she loves to hang with her sister Gabby and is very popular. She has managed to still be a wonderful young woman despite some hardships growing up! Admorable.
10.Gabby - When we lived next door to her in our old apartment, she would come over and have me teach her how to cook and scrapbook, I loved that she was interested in what I was interested in.
11.Delia - When I see her at church she makes me smile, she is always quick to hug me and tell me if I am looking nice that day. She wants to be around her family and is a wonderful big sister to Kristen.
12.Kristen - he makes me a bit sad...only because I was his babysitter until last July when I had gotten sick, and now he barely knows me and takes a minute to hug me or talk to me. I used to be his favorite, and maybe one day when he grows up I will return to #1 spot...until then, I will remember he is 2 years old and that time heals all wounds, lol.
13.Nikolas - He is a firecracker, he likes things the way he likes them, including his sippy cup, he won't just settle for anything...he doesn't do much talking yet, but he will grunt up a storm. He is my "almost" birthday buddy, and right now I get the honor of watching him daily as his mom is working...I am his favorite, just ask him.
14.Calista - She is also one of those, girly tomboys, and it fits her perfect. She loves animals, and her mommy and grandmother. It is so sweet when she draws me pictures, I put them on the fridge for the whole world to see!! So sweet!
15. Victoria - see yesterdays post for details on the newest kid.

Today I am thankful for all my little neices and nephews, and the joys they bring to me. They have all taught me something, and continue to impress, delight, and overjoy me! Seeing their little faces during the holiday season is what and why I do what I do to make the holidays special! I love them all!

This picture is just a few of my neices and nephews along with Alyssa and Aaron.....

No comments:

Post a Comment