Monday, November 14, 2011

Today I am Thankful for Day 12 (Catch up)

Day 12 was Saturday....
I was very very busy Saturday...
I had a friends prewedding help..
Then I had to go pick up hay bales for a church youth event (did you know you can rent those things?)
Back to the church for more wedding help
Home to get ready for wedding
Wedding
Wedding reception
Run fast to the store get the finishing things needed to make dirt desert
Make dirt dessert (mess up on it, but shhhhh don't tell anyone)
Go back up to the church for youth activity
Have a Hillbilly Hoedown with the youth..
Clean up from said hoedown
Get more food (hillbilly soup wasn't enough)
Eat
Bathe
Fall asleep in the bath....
Wake up to cold water...
Go to bed.
Lay in bed and think....oh drats, I forgot Day 12.....then roll over and sleep.

So had this been Saturday, I would say the following...

Today I am thankful for being busy. I know I was thankful for the quiet before the storm, but there is also something to be said about being busy...it sometimes stresses me out, and makes me feel like a chicken with my head cut off....but it also makes me feel very important. I am needed by other people, I have the talents it takes to help with things...it feels good to be a part of something...

Ecclesiastes 10:18
By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.

i don't want to be the reason the house drops through! Praise the Lord for being busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment