Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today I am Thankful for: Lapband (Day 8)

Today I am thankful for my lapband.

Like yesterday, today is also an anniversary. Today is the 1 year anniversary of our surgery date for our lapband.
So I had started on this blog my "lapband journey" a little bit. But honestly after a while I was discouraged. I wasn't losing the weight that i knew could be lost. I would go online and read posts on lapbandtalk.com and see how many people had lost so much weight in such a small time.
I knew I wasn't eating like I should, some of my choices were still high calories, but I rationalized it with me eating less.
But as of June of this year, I went to see my doctor, and he told me that i wasn't at the fill level I needed to be at to have optimal results (a fill is when they insert saline into the lapband to give restriction to how much food is passed through the band to be processed gastrically - otherwise it sits in the pouch created to continue to tease the nerves in my stomach saying it's full).
I got the fill I needed and started to lose weight like a champ!
In June I weighed 298 (only a few pounds from my 306lb presurgery weight) and right now, I am 271. With that, I am now at a spot where I know I will need more fill, for more weight loss. But with or without the fill, I can see myself making better choices, and with that, I am learning how to make this lapband a life changing experience rather than just another diet.
My goal weight is 180, however, my ultimate goal with lapband was not to lose weight for appearances. I could careless how big or small I am, I am happy with me. My goal was to lose weight enough so I can have children.
I was told by multiple doctors that if I lost 30 pounds, I would become pregnant. Well, I have lost that "30" and still nothing...no baby....but I am trusting that the Lord sees where I am with that want and will continue to bless me with my lapband to lose the weight I need to be as healthy as I need to be for carrying, birthing, and raising children.

Not sure if you can see a difference, but here is this day last year, as well as a picture of me on 10/31 of this year, as a sort of before and after pic....


So I am thankful for lapband and making new and healthy choices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment