Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tammy Wynette Sour Cream Pound Cake

My boyfriend is a food-scrapbooker. He remembers his favorite people, time of year, or even moments with the food that was served.

For example, his Granny. She passed away two years ago, however her memory is held on strong by things she made, like her carrot cake (recipe and pic to come), and her pound cake.

I had to bug the people of Jason's family to get recipes so I cam make sure Jason is happy.


One of his favorite memories is drinking a glass of cold cold milk and eating a warm peice of Pound Cake. He would do this while chit chatting with his Granny late at night after he got off of work.


So here is the recipe, try it warm.....it is extra yummy!


Tammy Wynette Sour Cream Pound Cake


Cream Together

1 cup butter

3 cup sugar

6 eggs (Incorporate each egg seperatly, making sure to mix each well before adding another egg)


In a spereate bowl sift together

3 cup flour

1/4 t. baking soda

1/4 t. salt


One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet. When fully combined add the following


1/2 pint sour cream

3 T. lemon extract (or if you don't want it lemony, add vanilla extract instead)


Bake at 325* for one hour
** Funny Story**
When I made the pound cake in this picture Jason was teasing Aaron and my Grandma, saying "you better not eat my pound cake" And so I was trying to let Jason down easy, telling him I didn't think it tasted any good. Aaron then says "Layla, it was soooo good, when I burp I taste it and I am like yummmm"
Gross. ha ha. At least he thought it was good.

3 comments:

  1. This is the same recipe I have used for years. I haven't made it in a while & could not find my recipe. I thought when I entered "Tammy Wynette's Sour Cream Pound Cake" in my search engine it would return lots of pound cake recipes but not the one I wanted but SURPRISE, SURPRISE it did. I found this recipe many years ago in National Enquirer. Do you suppose Grandma read the Enquirer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have her recipe for carrot cake I have used it for years, so many comments and lost it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely made my day. I used to make this recipe with my Nanaw, and I started "helping" when I was about 3 years old. Over the years and through several moves to new states, I lost the recipe and have been low-key looking for a while. I'm so glad I found your post!
    All this time, I was convinced it came from the Grit magazine and even reached out to them to try to find it. I'm surprised/not surprised it actually came from the Enquirer!

    ReplyDelete