Monday, November 14, 2011

Today I am thankful for (Catchup again) day 13

2nd Corinthians 12:9-109And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

On Sunday it was preached that Paul was seriously happy when he was sick.....he took pleasure in it, because without a weakness then Christ couldn't show his power, healing powers, enduring powers...

This scripture caught my ear because, I was laid out on the side of the pew d.y.i.n.g.

So I wake up Sunday morning, after having had a busy Saturday....and boom. I have to go to the bathroom.
I go, and go and go and go.......and Jason comes in asking me to take him to the church (he runs sound and had to be there early for a choir practice) and when I can't get up to take him, he leaves me telling me he would be back to pick me up later.
I finally get the gusto to get up and get ready for church..I just did the throw something on because it matched, and took my hair down and threw it back up without even brushing it.....bad I know. Then Jason had asked me to steam his suit jacket....I did try.....but as I was trying, I then got the urge that I need to eat something, knowing how my stomach was acting up I thought a glass of milk would be good for the protein.....boy was I wrong...as soon as the milk hit my stomach...I had to go  back to the bathroom.....ugh.
Jason gets home to pick me up, i make it out of the bathroom and get to church. Jason at this point is begging me to get a pregnancy test because he thinks I am preggo....I am telling him I know I am sick but I don't think it is a baby....(for the record i took a test in between poops......and no I am not)
I get to church, and that's the scripture I hear....

Then we get home from church, run a few errands with Jason and then I attempt to take one bite of subway sandwich....and back to the restroom again......after that session with the toilet, I need a nap. I go get a few minutes of shut eye before I was back up at the church for choir practice...but when I woke up from my nap, I felt worse than I did before i slept. Not only was my stomach unsettled, but now I feel weak from head to toe and completely wiped out. It was all the energy I had to practice a very enthusiastic song...whew I was wiped out!!
After church we all went to fellowship at taco bueno, and I barely ate a bow of soup and drank some sprite.
We get home and I am running a low grade temp, I went to rest and soak in the tub.....that was at 11:30pm..........at 2:00am, I wake up from my accidental nap in the tub to find Jason asleep on the couch and me freezing because i was sitting in a cold tub....(don't worry about drowning danger, I am too long for any kind of head contact to the water in the tub)
I go to sleep......again laying in bed I think, dang I forgot yesterday and today's thankful blog.......then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I was out..

So here is what I would write had I written yesterday.......

Today I am thankful for my pastors relationship with God......with him being on the level he is, he is able to provide the words of wisdom we as a congregation need at that exact moment....like when I was dead on the pew and feeling like junk....I learned that I can be thankful to be in the situation I was in because with out my moments of weakness I would not get to experience the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment