Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 things about me random style.

After realizing that this blog is pretty new to most people, and I haven't done much in the way of introducing myself, I thought I would do a top ten list of random facts about me....yay. Enjoy.

1) I didn't have two front teeth from the age of 2 till I was about 8 years old. I was running through the house and tripped and hit the coffee table when I was 2, and because they prematurely got knocked out, my adult teeth didn't grow in till they were supposed to...so for 6 years, all I really wanted were my two front teeth....for reals.

2)  As a kid I was diagnosed with having Marfan's Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder. There are some very very clear physical characteristics of this syndrome and when I was 6 the doctors thought I displayed them. I was then un-diagnosed at the age of 14 when the doctors I had been seeing for this syndrome decided that the characteristics I had were genetic and not associated with this syndrome. So I spent several years being restricted in my physical activities as well as having tons of eye, MRI, Echocardiagrams and twice a year visits to the cardiologists, they did however say that I had MitroValve Prolapse (MVP), but it was common in tall people, most people think it is a heart murmur.
Unfortunately my father and middle sister have it, but it isn't too much of a hindrance, my dad is healthy and my sister is too with the two children she carried to term despite the doctors telling her as a kid she would never get to have any kids.

3) I am the worst at cleaning up behind myself in the kitchen. I get the concept of clean as you go, but putting it in action is harder for me than it sounds.

4) I have already read 4 books this year, which is about 2 more than I read last year. I am excited because the ladies of my church are about to start a book club! yay!

5) I am one day younger than Jason's baby sister.

6) While getting tested for lapband surgery, I mentioned I had MVP, they did a stress test of my heart and told me that I no longer had it, that either I was misdiagnosed, or it corrected itself, which is possible, I am going to go with, I was healed! :-)

7) I have to have white hangers in my closet. I was scarred as a child when we had all kinds of hangers and most of them were wired...and I hated them, and now I can't have other colored hangers, and Aaron's room has to have black.....who knows, I am sure I have mental issues. ha.

8) I have self diagnosed myself with Selective Sensitive Sound Syndrome (4s) and if anyone knows me, I hate smacking, Aaron's whistling pierces my ear with a dog whistle quality, and when Aaron sucks his tonueg (and he does it 24/7!!!!!) it drives me to the brink of insanity, and I am the ONLY. ONE. WHO. HEARS. IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when people type fast, click pins, tap their fingers.....these noises are HORRIBLE and when it is happening, that is almost all I can concentrate on....so, after reading someones comment on facebook about having it, I googled it, and right then diagnosed myself, and when my husband read it, he then understood that it wasn't me trying to pick at Aaron to find things that annoyed me, but it really was something that was wrong with me. Now, if I could only conquer this syndrome.
this is the definition from the website I found......
Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome or 4S is an intense and immediate emotional and physiological reaction (possibly rage, frustration, sadness, or panic) upon hearing certain sounds - most prominently noises associated with oral functions such as eating, breathing, chewing or other noises such as typing sounds or pencils scratching.

9) I have made thousands of oreo truffles in the last few years, but have only eaten 5 myself. When I cook something, or make something, I typically don't want it after it is made.

10)  I was born into the Methodist Church, then spent my tween, teen and early 20's in the Mormon Church, but now as of May 31,2009 was officially filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized in Jesus name and now am a Pentecostal. (Conversion story coming soon)

3 comments:

  1. I also make a ton of baked food and rarely eat it. Good thing my kids and hubby enjoy it. :)
    I never knew about the Selective Sounds Sensitivity Syndrome. I need to look into that more. I am totally unable to handle repeating noises and can not stand to hear someone humming. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layla, I enjoyed reading your post!! Love ya bunches,


    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew and I have 4S - no worries, it runs in families. lol

    ReplyDelete