Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I need to get better at taking pictures of things.....ha. I have no official Mother's Day 2012 pictures this year - but as I think about it, I have never had any picture taken on Mother's Day.
My day started out with Aaron puking and sick as a dog. He stayed home from church....I had to drop off Jason to do the sound for music practice, then I had to rush home, get dressed for church, do my hair, then off to pick up Alyssa for church, she had to be there early for the children's choir...then I ran home, picked up the gifts and got back to church...I had to do some final touches on our mothers day skit, and then do pre-church prayer....
This year I was in charge of a skit for church about Mother's Day, as well as getting 5 Mother's Day gifts to give to ladies at the church via raffle tickets.....in the midst of all that work, I missed out on the roses the church passes out to all the mothers.

After church we went home, checked on Aaron, exchanged gifts with Tracy (she got me a beautiful porcelain ring holder for my sink, she said she noticed one day I had set my rings down on the counter, and she was afraid they would fall down the drain...yay for the people who look at the details of things....Jason said we were going to go buy a purse on Sunday, because I needed a new one, but we didn't have time, so I got nothing from him yet....now he is talking about ordering me some hi-tech bluetooth headphones...I keep telling him to not worry about it, the day has passed....so we will see), and then went out to eat. We ended up at Pluckers, with no wait! yay!
We ran to CVS to get Aaron some more medicine, then we went home. I straightened up a bit but then Jason told me to take a nap...I did for a little bit. Jason came in and woke me up to let me know how Aaron was doing, and after he left the room I was unable to sleep, but I laid there anyways.
After I got up from my nap, we went to choir practice, then had church....and then after church, I went to Julie's house because...........................................................
are you ready..................................................
Julie had to spend the night at the hospital with Emma because she was coming home! yay, did you read that, EMMA CAME HOME!
So, I had to stay overnight at Julie's so while she was being monitored at the NICU for her mothering ability, I was with Shayla and Jasmine.

So that was my Mother's Day in a nutshell......

Sometimes I don't feel very motherly, and sometimes I don't think I am recognized in my role, like I wrote a while back about step parenting, I am a mother, and would do anything for my step kids, there is always that piece of me that feels like "just Layla" and not too special to them....but I guess no parent really is treated with any more special love.......sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment