Saturday, April 14, 2012

Random busy and chatty.....aka brain dump.

This post is full of me chatting about how busy I am, and then I go into the randomness of life....hang in there, not sure I ever make sense, but it does make for some good "kill the time" reading (Brandon knows what I mean! ha!)

So tomorrow (or later today, seeing as it is 12:33am).... I am hosting a Jordans Essential Party. My friend from Elementary school is selling it and I volunteered to host a party. yay for having friends over! It has been a year since I hosted a "party" for someone who has started selling stuff....there should be a small gathering of people, I am excited. I like the set up, decorating, and food prep for parties...my menu includes the following:

Crescent Jalapeno bites - pinterest idea
Roasted sweet peppers stuffed with muenster cheese and sausage - accidental invention that my husband loves!
Ham and Swiss sliders on sweet Hawaiian bread - always a hit
Veggies with Ranch - in individual cups, again pinterest.
desserts
sodas
tea

I have a friend coming over early tomorrow afternoon to help set up, and clean up...it's always funner to do this when you have a friend to shoot the breeze with. Hopefully I will remember to take pictures.

My weekends in April are jammed pack, and even so, the first week of May has something going on too.

Next weekend I have Julie and Emma's babys shower, the weekend after that I have (all in one day) a wedding shower, a local women's conference, and a birthday party for my little niece Calista.

Then the weekend in May I have a baby shower for my cousin's wife, and my grandma is coming to stay for a few days....

Not to mention all my other daily grinds.....babysitting, fertility treatments, church activities, family activities, etc etc etc.

whew.

So with all this, I am itching to make my to-do and to-buy lists. baby showers are my favorite to buy for....love all the baby stuff. but who knew some of it was so expensive....poor parents and having do buy diapers, it is almost enough to go to cloth diapers, ha.

And speaking of lists, I am going to be making an official "operation prepare for baby" list that I think I will update like I used to update my 30/30 list. To hold me a little more accountable for getting things done instead of talking about it.

Have I ever mentioned that I love pinterest? I do.
I just spent 2 hours combing it for different ideas on random stuff, from hairstyles to baby shower gift ideas.....
Did you know there was a Mantrist? it is pinterst for men....my husband has browsed it a bit, there were some funny things on there.

So on Easter I broke my phone ....great, yeah I know, not only am I messy but loveable, but we can add clumsy also.....well, we found Aaron's old phone and I have had it switch to my  number until we can get my phone replaced via insurance......it was quite a peaceful week without all the calls and texts, it makes me miss the old times, you know, when you had to have a phonebook, and memorize numbers and call from a landline, because that or a payphone were your only options.....it's crazy how developed things have got.

Baby Emma is doing well! She is now off the cpap machine, and they took her off the billi lights, so all she has left is a feeding tube and an IV.....she is trucking along! yay!
That's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment