Monday, April 9, 2012

No Dice.

Alternate title: Day Late and a Dollar Short.
The alternate title is probably the best description.

According to my phone application "my days"ovulation tracker ... I was suppose to have my AF  yesterday. Which you can only imagine when i went all day without even a single cramp....when i still had my lady parts that were sore....and when i seemed to be overly emotional with a lingering headache ..... I promptly went to the pregnancy test.....and to my dismay...one line showed. Grrrrr. I sat in the bath - which i only had warm in case i was Preggo.....don't want to cook the little one - for a good hour reading and reading the instructions for the test....making sure i had done it right....maybe it was too early to tell...maybe i didn't do it right....maybe i am one of those like my mom....who could only tell by a blood test....maybe.....
A few hours earlier i was at our churches ladies prayer meeting. It was powerful! there were ladies there battling in the spirit the same things i am....including but not limited to fear and self doubt...we prayed for many requests for our church but when it was time to pray for each other then we had a move of the Spirit like one i have felt only a few times. You could feel fear fleeing....lives changed....hearts mending. It was palatable.
So imagine my surprise laying in the tub looking at the negative test yet still not having AF.
I went to bed at about 2am. 330am i was still fighting sleep. Jason who never sleeps turned to me and senses something wrong immediately started praying for my peace of mind. I have a lot to do...a surprise party to pull off another conference to have to chaperon and Easter to orchestrate not to include our families Easter celebration..... So after listing Jason my stresses with my todo list he makes me get up and do what i do best....make a list.
After i fill a whole sheet of paper with my todos .... I lay down. He prays more i cry a little more...the negative test weighed on my mind a little more than i wanted....then next thing i know its 730am and time for my niece and nephew to come over.
Fast forward through a bad storm .... Through not getting much of my list because of the baffled storm ....and cooking dinner. BAM! cramps! ugh. Hello AF...jerk.

So, long story short, I am not pregnant. Just a day late and a dollar short. literally.

For the record, this post was written on Wednesday April 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment