Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving Day...

I cook a mean Thanksgiving dinner, if I do say so myself. On my list was:

Turkey
Mashed Potatos
Homemade Mac and Cheese (better known to the world as Macaroni Pie)
Cranberry Compote
Sweet Potatos
Corn on the cob
Peas
Homemade Fresh greenbeans
Watergate Salad (Green stuff, as it is known in our family)
Salad
Rolls (not from scratch)
Carrot Cake (from Scratch)

store bought pumpkin pie
store bought pecan pie

(and I think there was more, I just can't remember right this second)

And my mom brought ham
And my friend and her mom brough Veggie Tray, Fruit Tray and made a fruit dip to die for.

We had a yummy lunch, watched the cowboys win, and some of us (Shayda) took naps.

Again, this year, I did not take pictures. Last year I didn't have my camera, this year I wasn't talented enough to cook dinner, and be the photographer.

Is it bad, that it has been 5 days, and I still have a few Thanksgiving dishes to wash....yes, call me lazy.

I am thankful for many things in my life. The following only barely scrapes the surface of what I am thankful for:
My Family
My Friends
The love Jason has developed for me
My Relationship with Jason
Having a roof over my head
My Grandmother and her loving kindness.

*sigh*

I am thankful for having a blog that I can write my feelings, share my world, and document my days.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment