Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Letter And A Tongue Tragedy

Dear Candy Makers,

Could we all come together, and create/invent/perfect the art of candy making sans air pockets. My tongue would appreciate you, and I would probably buy more blow pops. If my request is overlooked, I guarantee that I have witnesses to my disastrous run-in with air pockets, it is documented with a picture (please see attached), and I have already had medical counsel.

My Aunt is a part of the Pre-paid legal, and I will sign up......consider your self warned.


Thank you for your time.


Layla




The Actual Story:


Sitting tonight with some friends, we were discussing a few religious topics (it was a bible study, then a doctrine exchange) I was sucking on a piece of candy...

when it got to a point of an air pocket, we all know what happens when you are sucking a blow pop and you come to the air pocket....

ouchie....

but because I had a heavy tongue on the candy....as the air pocket presented itself.....

it slid roughly against my tongue, causing it to cut, and start bleeding....it bled so much that I had to suck on two wet paper towels before it would quit pouring out....

Everyone laughed and asked me how it felt to be a lizard...and could I make both parts of my tongue twitch in separate directions....ha ha.

It hurt...

I went to CVS to grab some toilet paper, and I asked the pharmacist if i should put ambesol on it to help with the pain.

All the man did was laugh at me and called me silly (in his own pharmaceutical way) and told me that the tongue is the fastest healing part of the body and by the end of the night, it should just feel like a little cut...and by tomorrow it should be gone.

I didn't believe him...until I was trying to take the picture of it, and now you can barely see it....though I still feel it...and am sucking on sonic ice...


Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment