Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Field Cookies....aka Westbye cookies.

A family that I grew up with had a cookie recipe that I love and love and love....then I lost it....a few times...then I get it again....then I lost it again.....then got it again.....and now I am eternalizing them on the Internet so I will never lose it again. Although getting it again, allows me to visit with Elisabet again and catch up with her, when I wouldn't normally because I am lazy like that.....

Make these cookies NOW!!!

Field Cookies

1 lb butter
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/ 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
6 c flour

Cream together butter and sugars. Then add eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon.
Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. After batter is mixed add one of the following...(I usually put a whole bag of resses peanut butter chips and 1/2 bag of milk chocolate)

4-6 c chips
2 c raisins
2 c nuts
1 1/2 c old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 c coconut

Scoop 1 inch balls and this recipe will make about 116 cookies.

Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes, no longer. Cookies will not look done. They will be fluffy and tall and good!!!

Adding the eggs to the sugar mixture
Kitchen casualty....poor spatula
Right out of the oven...see they don't look quite done.
But they are delicious goodness.....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment