Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Things on my mind this Wednesday

Okay.....so another day.....

A few things on my mind....so here goes.

Heath Ledger died.....from who knows what......they say drugs, they say accident....whatever it was, he was a year older than me...scarry.
I fell in love with his exotic accent and bad boy persona in "10 Things I Hate About You". Not an oscar worthy movie, but fun for the age I was....ok ok I will admit, I still like it!
Sad.

Feeling a bit weird about housework right now. I worked really hard yesterday, felt like I created a peaceful inviting home yesterday. When Jason got home, dinner was finished, smelly good candles were setting a peaceful ambiance, I made a pineapple upside down cake, Aaron mastered some multiplication facts because we worked on it, downstairs bathroom was cleaned, floors were vacuumed........but.......none of it was noticed. I understand that my daily doings will not be praised cosntantly....ok, so I guess my question would be.....How does a professional stay at hom mom (in my case non mom non wife) keep her drive up and spirits up to be miticulously on top of it all???

I have expressed this before (it might be in my blog on myspace) but...I have the OCD personality that I get anal about something, but I give up on it if I know I am not going to be as perfect as I want to be......I want to be OCD despite not meeting my goal. I want to be organized and scheduled to a fault....does that make me bad? lol, WHO ON EARTH WISHES THEY WERE OCD??? That right there should make me the craziest person I know.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember me. Sandra Croft now Sandra Cooper. I sent an e-mail but I don't know if it was a good e-mail address. If you are interested in getting back in touch that would be great. I have been thinking about you a lot. I have a blog if you are interested in it, I will e-mail it to you.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesday was a good day, Maybe there are more to come.
    Perhaps we'll find a way to shine Sunlight where there was none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I had a wonderful thoughtful and deep comment here and my wonderful little boy just erased it... so we will go with this though instead....

    Don't do the cleaning , set the ambiance for them, do it for you. For me the sense of accomplishment that I get when I get a sink full of dishes done or a load of laundry washed AND folded is a great thing. It keeps me wanting to do more, and although it is nice to get that " hey the house looks nice" we know we won't always get it. So do it for you and for the knowledge that you are reaching your goal of being an OCD housekeeper everytime you do it:D)

    If you want or need the praise (as we all do sometimes) call me and I will be here.

    Love ya!!!!! You are doing a great job(and I'm not just saying that to say it... you really are)

    ReplyDelete