Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Smalentines...blah blah.

Frustration, disappointment, and irritation is at the forefront of my emotions today on this "love day".
and my husband had nothing to do with these feelings today....he is a gem.
Last night when I was out with my sister, I got a phone call reminding me of my appointment today at 7:20 with my gyno. I was a bit confused because I was for sure my appointment was Thursday.
Despite my lack of understanding, I went ahead, got up, went to the appointment this morning....
my car messed up all.the.way.there. ARG!
Got there, and while checking in, the receptionist informs me of my insurance benefits....apparently my insurance does not cover this kind of treatment, and will ONLY cover Artificial Insemination (aka IUI) so anything beyond that is my responsibility at 100%. She then asks for $140 up front. This is not in my budget right now....and I told her that. The receptionist then told me she will just collect the copay, and I can call my insurance company and speak with them to see if I find out any different, and if I don't, then I will need to come back and pay for the last two appointments in full.
I called my insurance.
Sure enough, AI is only covered after getting it pre authorized.
I called my doctors office and spoke with his nurse.
Rene said, she is not sure about any of the infertility treatments and I will have to speak with Debbie (the nurse I have been seeing through this whole process), she is better equipped with knowing what to do with AI and how to start the process.
Now I am waiting.

So, talking with Rene, she gave me the results of my fasting blood test shows that my A1Cs are still elevated (still have diabetes) and my cholesterol level is 132 and it is supposed to be under 100. Fail. And she said that I need to get all this under control before I have a baby. Well yeah...these are things I honestly put off on the back burner, despite the knowledge I have about their dangers....why I do it, besides being lazy, is I guess denial...I don't want to have it so I guess I make myself act as if I don't.
I am working on myself.....

So.....as a recap

Bad News:
1) My car is messing up REALLY BAD!
2) My insurance won't cover all this treatment I have been doing and now I will owe the doctor at least a few hundred dollars...
3) I still have diabetes and cholesterol issues.


BUT  there was a little good news.....

While I was at the appointment this morning, Debbie went ahead and did an ultrasound to check my progress, and as she was viewing it, I had two really good eggs that had developed on my right ovary, and with that, she said she was very hopeful and excited and expects them to do well....

So, I am checking everyday to see if I am ovulating, and today was a no.....but that's ok.....if I don't have a positive ovulation surge by Saturday I am supposed to go back in the office to see her at 8:00am Saturday.

I will keep you updated....If I don't just go crazy before then....

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of prayers coming your way cousin. God will provide a way....no matter what the cost, or what the obstacles, He will provide. Just relax and focus on ovulating. ;). You can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete