Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Sonogram" for tubes.......

So Thursday was the big sonogram day....and it was rough.

I get there...luckily, I had no copay, but I am sure some of it will apply to my co-insurance, so a nice little bill will be sent to me (last time I had a sonogram of this nature, it was about $180 I had to shell out.)

Then I get called back to go change.

I was instructed to empty my bladder and then got to the Xray room.......

XRay??

I thought I was going in for a Sonogram....

ugh.

So. After I get debriefed about the procedure, I lay on the XRay table and they take a test Xray. The doctor comes in. He was not my doctor, but the lovely man who was going to be inserting my catheter. yay. this all sounds fun huh?

I scoot to the end of the bed to get the Catheter, and all the while, the doctor was saying "oh it shouldn't hurt, and if it does, it isn't too bad" in a matter of fact, take it from me kind of tone....it was all I could do not to kick him.
Well....as I am in position, they inform me I have to hold my own legs at a bent position, as if there were stirrups.....AS IF there were stirrups......so, here I am, dealing with not only the insertion of the basic "tools" but also a catheter and a balloon that will be holding my uterus open.....but I am having to hold my legs at a bent position.....all the while feeling like I was on the worst day of my period because of the stuff going on. Then it was a magical moment.....they asked me to let my legs down, and then slowly and steadily scoot backwards on the table to let them insert the dye and take XRays. I.HAD.TO.SCOOT.BACKWARDS.
it was all very very painful
and very very dumb.
and did I mention painful??

Sigh.

It got done...they took what they needed, I had to scoot back down, hold my legs back up and then they took it out and I was done.

It was bad.
Not the worst.
Not as fun as going to Disney World.
BUT
If the end result is a baby, then it was so worth it.

The first glance decision was that my tubes are clear and that is not the reason for my infertility....but that is still to be determined by my actual doctor, whom I believe I will see here in the next few weeks.

yay, I guess.

So now, as of today, I am on my last day of Clomid, and I will soon have to start with the ovulation testing and getting "busy" .....the infertility lingo for that, - which I may start using to save my husband some embarrassment - is BD ( Baby Dancing)

No comments:

Post a Comment