Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

If I had the time to sit and list all the small things I am thankful for, we would be here all day. The number of things is endless. I can tell you I am thankful for the odder trapping kitty litter in my bathroom, or the invention of the remote controls. but that to me would take away from the point of thanksgiving.
Sure modern conveniences are wonderful, and I would be lost without them, but....I feel this time of season is to reflect on the things I am deeply thankful for. Ponder on these things, and lift my voice to heaven and remind the Lord how wonderfully thankful I am. So in honor of the Thankful Thursdays, I am making my final list, my simple list......the list that will be chiseled into my heart for the rest of the year, and possibly the rest of my life.

My Husband, he is my best friend. My soul mate. My lover. My heart. He takes care of me like no other person ever has, will, or can. I love him.

My family. Yes, all of them. Even though we have had our issues, and or are still going through them....my family has molded me into who I am. I love all of them. Sisters, Mothers, Father, Nephew, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. I love them.

Jason's Family. Despite what has happened and the recent dramas that have left scars, I am thankful to have learned from them, for those who honestly do, I am thankful for the acceptance they have given me as I enter into their family and take their name. But mostly, I am thankful for Julie, who gives of her time energy and money for just about anyone who needs her. She gives me a friendship beyond the ages, a sisterhood of sorts....she is my bestie!!!

Our Friends. I say our, and not my, because we share them. The friends that have been there through it all, the new ones we made, the ones we lost touch with, casual and best friends.....each soul that has entered into our lives has made an impression into our hearts. Without friends Jason and I would have never met (Thanks again Jennie!)....

My Personal Savior. Last but definitely not least, Jesus Christ. Without Him this life would be lived in vain. Without Him, I would be lost. Without Him, I would be putty in the hands of Satan. He is my source of Strength, my source of Love, and my source of Life. I am nothing without Him. He paid the ultimate price for me. He had me in mind when He hung from the cross and He did it despite of the me who sins, He did it so I can live with Him in Heaven and with that, I am truly THANKFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment