Monday, October 25, 2010

The LB Story Part Three

On October 8th, True Results submits our paperwork to our insurance. Expecting a month or two before they would send an actual approval TR called and let us know they sent it and would call when there was an approval. TWO HOURS LATER they call and said we have approval from our insurance.
Now the ball is rolling high speed.
The next week we get busy getting his X Ray, Blood work and my cardiac clearance. The blood work came back for me and TR required me to get a PCP clearance because my sugars were high. They said without clearnnace I probably wouldn’t get to have lapband, without controlled sugars, wounds do not heal well…..I got sad.
I went to my PCP and she flat out told me she would not clear me, and then told me to go to overeaters anonymous.
She told me horror stories she has heard about. She told me that my lapband doc probably didn’t give me the correct blood tests. So instead of approving me, she ordered more testing, upped my metformin, and told me to come back in two months.
So what do I do??? I called my old PCP who is basically a pill pusher and who I knew would approve me….I talk to his nurse, she said the doc does like lapband and I should make an appointment.
I decided to wait and talk with the surgeon before trying to get around my current PCP decision.
Isn’t the point of the lapband is to get healthy and get rid of diabetes?
arg the pain of it all.
I got worried about getting approved, but I have always been ok with Jason getting it even if I didn’t….but still wanted to talk to the surgeon first.
I had to go in on Oct 18 for an echo stress test to see my mitral valve prolapse, and come to find out they cleared me because they didn’t even see MVP. Woohoo!
Next up Surgeon consult.

No comments:

Post a Comment