Saturday, October 23, 2010

The LB Story Part One

August 2010
I made the declaration here on my blog that I wanted to lose 30 pounds during my 30th year.
Mid-month, Jason's coworker had lapband surgery.
Almost end of the month I see my gyno, had a follow up pap smear due to an abnormal one. Gyno said that i needed to come back to his office for a sonohystogram to check for possible infertility causes. September appointment is set.
About the same time as my gyno appointment, Jason sees a billboard for lapband.....he sets his consultation.
Jason had discussed with me his feelings about lapband, and he left the offer on the table whether or not I felt that it would be a good choice for me.
I have several friends that have had some kind of gastric surgery to lose weight. So the idea wasn't foreign to me. I just never thought I would be in a spot where either I could afford it, or if we had the kind of insurance that would cover it.
Because Jason's appointment for his consultation was before my gyno appt…I was unsure how to make a choice on whether or not I wanted to pursue the idea of lapband. My reasons for wanting to talk to my gyno first were....
1) Gyno told me that he would want to do the sonohystogram then talk to me about putting me on clomid.
2) How would he feel about lapband and me carrying a baby in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment