Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mr.Clean is Mr.Mean

So I bought the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.
I had not used them for a few years, and kept reading peoples blogs who said that the eraser is the best thing ever.
I have never been one to use gloves when I clean.
But one afternoon using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, has caused me a few weeks of jacked up hands.....
It was first my fingertips peeling, and now it is my whole hands, and I can't get the dryness to go away.
Then Carol at church told me about a story she heard about a little boy burning himself with the eraser to the point he lost nerve endings.....
Okay, so I look at the box, and no where on the box does it mention I need to wear gloves....nor about any danger, except for a "don't scrub on skin" mention.....I think they need to put it bold on the box "WEAR GLOVES".....sheesh, anyone want to give me a manicure? Exfoliate? suggestions????

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a website for information on the Magic Eraser. Seems there is some controversory on the email I received. I'll just be safe and use gloves and keep them out of reach of my little one. I do know they work! :)
    http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cleaningproducts.htm

    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Would Baba Do? WWBD ... sue the heck out of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes,

    That really stinks. We use those in the daycare all the time and I have never heard of the little boy story or of that happening to anyone, but that is really awful. I'm sorry it happend to you. :(

    ReplyDelete