Tuesday, September 9, 2008

S'Mores Bars/Cake depending on how you eat it.

I got this recipe as I was blog stalking on Amy's blog. She is a friend of an old friend of mine, but I did enjoy getting to know her via her blog.
We had a set of friends over with their kids, and I made this for the desert...It was a hit, except for the little girl, for some reason she is from outter space, and doesn't like marshmellows, but she did scrape them off and ate the chocolate and graham crackers. This will now be a part of my sweets repitoir. I think you should try it too....Check out Amy's version that I tried to follow, but didn't feel like it was enough...so I improvised. My version is in this blog, her version is here.

1/2 cup butter melted 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed
1 sleeve crushed and set to the side.
1 bag chocolate chips
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt the butter and combine with the two sleeves of crused crackers. smash to the bottom of a 9x13 pan (this will be the crust)
On top of the crust, put the chocolate chips, marshmellows and the other crushed graham crackers.
Pour the condensed milk evenly on all of the mixture.

Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.

Immediatly out of the oven, cut away from the edge of the pan. Let bars cool completely before cutting and serving.

These are super sweet, so cut into small squares, so you don't get a sugar headache....Jason is still working on eating his I gave him hours ago!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Layla these sound and look yummy! Do you have any left? Maybe we can stop by to eat some :)

    How could that girl not like marshmallows???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, oooh, oooh! I love your version! The first time I made it, we ate it with a spoon because it was soo gooey!

    ReplyDelete