Saturday, March 15, 2008

Laser Day

Laser Hair Removal.....


Not what I expected!!! Not in the least.


I didn't get pictures for a few reasons.....

1) I am vain....and can't stand to let anyone see my ridiculous goatee....and mustache....

2) I forgot

3) I was going on two and a half hours sleep....

4) I was too excited about my pedicure.....


I got to the spa that is owned by my Aunt in Law...ha ha...and my Aunt Denice was all geared up ready to zap my four day chin growth....(The night before the lasers, I had dinner with Jason's brother and sis n law, I was mortified about the sight of my chin!!) I got rubbed down with numbing cream, my aunt decided that she wanted to zap my ever growing moley/freckles and sunspots as well as heavy hair growth close to what would be a guys sideburns....I laid down...and it happens. She put tape over my eyes, and you hear a loud noise, then a zap, a bright light and pain....I couldn't feel myself smile, I couldn't feel the cold of the goop she put on my face right before the laser.....but Idid feel the lasers.....in the places she got really numb with the cream, it didn't hurt as much as it was just uncomfortable......like acupuncture gone wrong.....but....the places that were not as numb.....it felt like she was holding a lighter to my face....it wasn't nice. She had to do some spots over again, because she is new, and I am the guinea pig, her "teacher" supervised and showed her where she didn't zap long or hot enough....And, not that I really ever had this or knew what to expect...I didn't think about the smell.....I don't know if it is because I am fat, or this is how everyone's skin smells like when there are hot "lazerbeams" on their face, but it smelt like overcooked almost burnt bacon...

Well, despite my wishes, the lasers don't burn off the hairs right away.....it sngines them enough to easily fall off as their growth ends.....blah...I want immediate results! ha....and the freckles.....well they will "flake" off within a weeks time, so they say.....


Today has been exactly a week.....


I have noticed that my chin does not have as much hair as it did, I am keeping them groomed, but there are not so many trying to grow back.....(My aunt has said that there will have to be about three more treatments...to get all the growth cycles) I still see the freckles as dark scabby kind of things, but i have seen one or two of them change into a light sunkissed look.


I will gladly go back, and go through that again.....it will be worth it to feel like a complete woman, and not have a manly chin...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment