Friday, January 8, 2010

My 2009

Here's a fun survey I'm borrowing from a blog that I am stalking to wrap up 2009...

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Got Married.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?I am not sure if I kept my new year’s resolution from last year. To tell you the truth I had to go back and research on my blog what it was…..the resolution was to be “more positive”. Thinking back on my year, I can see where I was more positive than I would think I would be, but then there were many times I was the biggest pessimist you have ever met. So I am going to say no….no I was not successful in keeping last year’s resolution, because even when I had a positive outlook, it wasn’t because I was keeping in mind the resolution I made.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?I knew a few people who had babies, but Stephanie comes to mind. She is my brother-in-law’s girlfriend (and hopefully I can one day call her sister in law). She gave birth to Kristen Lynn Martinez Weaver. He is a doll baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not anyone super close….but the best friend of the brother in law mentioned in Q3 passed away, I knew him, but he wasn’t super close. Not to mention the millions of “famous” people who died, namely The King of Pop (not that we were close or anything….lol)

5. What places have you visited?
We went to Houston a few times.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Organization. But I have lacked that since 1980. I’m just sayin’.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Besides my wedding date of 11/07/09, I would have to say May 31st (I had a personal breakthrough in my personal spiritual journey) and June 22nd (the night Jason officially proposed)

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?Again, besides my wedding……lol.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?In February I got really sick, I was down and out for two weeks, and it took almost a month to get fully back to 100%. But I luckily stayed well for the rest of 2009 (If you don’t count the multiple boils I had throughout the year)
Christmas Eve I slipped on ice in front of JC Pennys at the mall, and busted my knee, hurt my shoulder, and cracked my cell phone….

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Besides wedding rings for the wedding I haven’t ever mentioned before….lol. I would have to say the payments towards the Suburban we took over payments for.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills, eating out (we do too much of that) and the wedding.

12. What song will always remind you of 2009?A few of the BlackEyedPeas songs like Boom Boom Pow and I’ve Got a Feeling.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?Organizing.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Being Lazy

15. What was your favorite TV program?
I L.O.V.E. Dexter. It is morbid, and disturbing, but it is good in vigilante kind of way.
Big Love
Supernanny
White Collar
The Unit (Shhhh don't tell Jason, I act like I hate it)

16. What was the best book you read this year?
I read a few books this year, but for the life of me I can’t remember the titles to any of them, not that they were not good books, just…..I can’t remember.

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
We saw Sherlock Holmes, that was good…..and I am sure we saw more movies, but I can’t think of any of them off hand…..I just rented Julie and Julia, I didn’t see it in the theater, but it was released in 2009, so that is a good one too. (Sad to say I have yet to see New Moon yet…)

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
On my birthday Jason Aaron and I went shopping at the mall, ran around a little bit, and then that night Veida and Jason invited a small group of friends and family over to the new Dave and Busters in Arlington and we hung out, ate dinner, and a few people played games. Then after that all the kids went home and then some of us adults went to karaoke.
I turned 29.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?None off hand, but political things in general haven’t been sounding too stable lately.

20. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met only a few new people this year, a few people from Jason’s job, and the family I started babysitting for, so they are all the best. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment