Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Memorable heat.....

It is soooooooooo stinkin' hot outside....
I have accomplished a very few of the tasks I have had planned to do. I blame the heat. Why does it seem that it is hotter outside the older I get?
I hate sweating.
HATE IT
.My favorite summer thus far as an adult would be the summer I spent in Quincy, Illinois. It was wonderful.I ran across my journal I kept from that time, and I see how much I raved about the cooler weather.
I watched Shakespeare in the park in the middle of a July afternoon and didn't sweat a drop of anything.
I walked every night, there was no humidity to sweat to, and at times, I walked the whole 30 blocks to the Mississippi river and enjoyed the cool breeze...
*sigh*
It only got hot in August, and in September it cooled off like it was supposed to do.
Oh how I long for Quincy weather again!

No comments:

Post a Comment